Grayson The Gray Polymer Clay Bunny
Grayson is a little bunny we made for Easter with the kids. Honestly, I had run out of all of the colors of clay except this one, and my little one wanted a bunny. So here I went.
- Polymer clay - Grey, white, black and red
- Eye pin
- Pin tool
Head and Body:
- Shape the head in an oval. Press it down against the table to flatten. The bottom of the face should be a bit fatter than the top.
- Create and oval shaped body and press it against the table to flatten.
- Poke a hole for a belly button.
- Make a tear drop shaped grey piece. Then add a smaller grey piece inside.
- Place the head on the top of the body and press down firmly to join them.
Assembling Head, Arms and Legs:
- Fold the ears slightly and press onto the head.
- Shape a longish tube of clay. Flatten against the table.
- Using pin tool, mark the three fingers.
- Make two flat grey discs for the feet.
Feet and Assembly:
- Place arms on the body and press down firmly. Wrap a bit of the arm around the back of the body.
- Take some white clay and make two large circles and six small ones. Press them onto the feet.
- Make a heart out of red clay by creating a flattened red disc and pinching the bottom. Make a small divot on the top with the pin tool side and smooth it.
- Press the feet over the arms and heart.
- Place an eye pin into the head.
Baking / Finishing:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
And there is your Grayson bunny! Super cute and ready for Easter.