Kiki The Bunny Polymer Clay Pendant
I found these cabochon pendants at the store the other day, and I thought it would be fun to make something with the girls. I gave them a choice. We could make a clay pendant or a drawing one. They both chose clay. So I spent an hour teaching them some techniques.
- Put together all of your colors and pieces of clay so that you are set to start.
Setting the Stage:
- Press down the blue clay into the base.
- Smooth it down, but be careful not to allow the clay to overflow onto the edge.
- It is okay to keep it a bit rough to allow it to feel a bit handmade.
- Press two teardrop shaped feet onto the bottom.
- Press a triangle of pink to make the dress. Add a light pink sash if you want.
- Add two arms which are longer tear drop shapes.
- Create two teardrop shaped ears.
- Press a smaller amount of teardrop shaped clay onto it. The head will cover most of it, so don't worry if it is a bit messy.
- Press the ears onto the blue clay.
- Press a oval shaped disc over the bunny ears.
- Press a bit of dark brown on as a nose.
Baking / Finishing:
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- If needed, put a tiny bit of super glue on the edge to make sure the clay does not fall out.
- Add a tiny bit of blush with a q-tip.
- Draw a couple whiskers and eyelashes onto the bunny.
And you have a pretty little pendant!