Kiki The Polymer Clay Valentine Bunny
For my daughter's 7th birthday, she asked for 7 bunnies to go on her cake. So I set about making them for her one by one. This is the one she requested with a heart!
- Polymer clay - beige, dark brown, and black
- Pin tool
- 1" eye pin
- Blush and Q-Tip
Body, Arms, and Legs:
- Shape the oval body and press down on the paper. Add a small ball of clay on the back for a tail to help it stand up.
- Make two large long strips, and press the foot up at the end. Pinch the side down. Add little toe marks on the foot.
- Make two smaller long strips and flatten so that one side is flat and the other is slightly rounded. Press little finger marks on one end.
- Make a ball for the head.
- Create two long tear drop shapes. Flatten and fold to make ears.
- Take a piece of black clay and make small dots.
- Press the face down firmly on the cupcake bottom.
- Add the eye pin to the top and push all of the way down.
Baking / Finishing:
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Take a q-tip and some blush and add a bit of color onto the cheeks and ears of the bunny.
And here is your Valentine's bunny!