Neko Cat Polymer Clay Charm
Neko and Co is a fun little page about the adventures of a cat, Koko, and her friends. You can check it out her work at Neko + Co's Page. This easy little cat take about 20 minutes to make, and requires only a few colors of clay to complete.
- Polymer clay - transparent, gold, green, black and brown
- 1" eye pin
- Craft knife
- Pin tool
- Take a ball of clay and push knife through the bottom cross-wise.
- Smooth the edges of the legs
- Using the transparent clay, mold a head shape for the cat. Pull a little bit of the clay up to make ears. Roll a gold piece of clay and flatten to place on the head.
- Using pin tool, poke two holes for eyes. Place two black dots in the holes.
- Make an oval shaped nose with the brown and place in the middle of the face.
- Taking the pin tool mark the whiskers.
- Using a curved tool or your nail, remove a chunk from the back of the head. Press firmly to adhere to the body.
- Take the tail and curve it around the back. Press down to adhere.
- Put a gold and green mark on the hind leg.
- Using the pin tool, mark the nails at the base of the foot.
- Insert the eye pin through the head and make sure it goes into the body.
- Preheat oven at 275 degrees F. Bake the cat for 15 minutes and remove to cool.
Thread a cord through the eyepin, and your charm is complete!