I thought it would be fun to make a little "springish" shadow box for my girls room!
Maya Road Petals and Leaves Chipboard Sheets
Maya Road Trinket Textured Cord Blossoms (yellow)
Maya Road Jonathan Mini Chipboard Alphabet Set
Maya Road Maya Mist (gold, green, and pink)
Maya Road Trinket Button (pink)
Maya Road Chipboard Butterflies and Bugs (snail)
Pattern Paper, Letter Stickers, and Acetate Butterflies (My Little Shoebox)
3-D Foam Adhesive Squares
1. Spray your flowers and stems with Maya Mist and set aside to dry.
2. Trim a piece of cardstock to be your background. Mine is trimmed to 5 X 7.
I kept the box part of my frame handy so I could continue to measure so that everything would fit :)
3. Trace your chipboard flowers onto your pattern paper and cut out. I ran my flowers through a Cuttlebug embossing folder for some texture.
4. Apply wet adhesive to the wrong side of your chipboard flower and attach the right side of your pattern paper to this.
5. Attach your title.
6. Trim two pieces of pattern paper to measure 1 1/4 X 7 inches. Make little snips with your scissors
to represent grass :) Attach one of these about 3/4 on an inch from the bottom of your cardstock base.
7. Attach your flower stems on top of the first layer of grass and then glue the second layer on to conceal the stem bottoms.
8. To give the flowers their 3D look attach one layer of 3D foam squares on the little flower and then double up on the big one.
9. To finish mine up I added a little snail (he has three layers of the 3D foam dots).
Have a wonderful day!