Today I have one of my favorite CHA projects to share. When I got the Pumpkin Coaster to work with, I wasn't really in a Fall mood yet, it was June after all. So after playing around with the shape for a while, I came up with this elephant idea.
Below, you can see how the basic elephant shape was made. I used three pumpkin coasters, two layered pages for the head and one for the body.
I cut the top section off the pumpkin used for the body.
Then turned the shapes upside down ............................................
.........to create this little elephant.
In the finished project I added an additional piece to the head. This was cut out of some raw chipboard, not really necessary, but it adds a little more dimension to the piece.
The chipboard piece used for the tail is from the Damask Chipboard Sheet, as are the tusks in the finished piece, seen below.
The elephant's headdress was made out of a "Fleur-de-lis" chipboard shape, from MR's new Decorative Scrolls set, a doily stamp from the Doilies Clear Stamp Sheet and Baby Pom Pom Crochet Trim.
Mini Chipboard Crowns were used to create a collar for the elephant.
The drum was made from two awnings from the new Windows Chipboard Set. One on top and one below, then I added part of a circle border from the Borders Chipboard Sheet to the center. I embellished it with rolled strips of paper, Jewel Trinket Pins (that were altered with markers) and mini pom poms. The red border on the edges of the drum are also from the Borders Chipboard Sheet, but I used the negative section instead of the actual border, this time.
A Supernova Chipboard circle, worked perfectly as a ball for the elephant to balance on. The Hanging Chandelier Bead on the ball and on the elephant headdress were altered with patterned paper to match the rest of the project.
To finish up the project, the elephant, drum, ball and bead were then all attached using embroidery floss.
Have a great week, Roadies!